It's all about Grace...

The journey to get our baby girl.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Get ready, Gracie...here we come!!

God is good. Time to celebrate (and pack)!!!

Seth checked his email at work on Thursday and found an email from Ted saying that we could now buy our airplane tickets. He put the email in with some gifts we had received from his fellow teachers and let me open it. He is such a sweetie.

Seth knew I was kinda depressed because I thought we would know something by that time and also because of something that had happened earlier in the week. Tuesday night, I missed a step or two and fell going out to get the mail. Next thing I know I was on the driveway with a painful foot and ankle. Just to be safe Seth and I went and got Xrays of that foot the next afternoon--turns out I had a minor fracture at the top of the foot. The doctor at Urgent Care said I should stay off that foot (and off of work) for 4-6 weeks. The crutches they gave me should make the Taiwan trip very interesting, to say the least! Especially since I have no coordination whatsoever normally.

Seth has been a caring and capable nurse these last several days. He says that taking care of me has been good practice for the baby. (I have been purposely testing his patience to make sure it is an accurate test. Ha) I am so thankful that Seth is out of school now. He is going to have to watch over his two girls this summer!

OK, back to the trip: Seth and I were able to buy our Taiwan tickets today, with the generous help of some of our friends. We leave on WEDNESDAY (Yippee!!), May 30th from Kansas City. We get to Taipei (nonstop flight from San Francisco) early morning June 1st. So we will be travelling towards our Gracie on our 8th wedding anniversary. I love how all these details are coming together.

We get back to San Francisco on June 7th, to spend a few days with our friends and relatives in California. And we fly back to Kansas City on Saturday, June 9th. Going to be a crazy, exhausting, joyful and very memorable next couple of weeks for us. I finally am able to let loose with a few shouts of joy. Too bad I can't break loose with a few jigs of the dance of joy that I usually celebrate with, might have to modify it and add the crutches in for variety. I am going to have to come up with something to express all this happiness!

Gotta go. More planning and rejoicing to do...

Laura

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Faren said…

    HI Seth and Laura,
    Congrats on getting to go get Gracie! We just got back with Zane on the 21st.
    Gracie is such a sweet girl. She really likes to smile a lot. I cut her bangs for Bev while i was there. I didn't make a definate bang line so if you decied to not have bangs it wouldn't be bad to grow out.
    We have some pictures we took if you want them send me a messeage on the community with your email and i will be glad to send them to you..
    In Christ,
    Faren for the rest of the Litson's also

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Laura & Seth!!! I'm so incredibly excited for you! I'm sure you're counting the hours. Have a safe and wonderful trip, (Watch the stairs Laura ;-) ),You're in my prayers! God bless your little family!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home