It's all about Grace...

The journey to get our baby girl.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Grateful for Gracie

Gracie is such a cutie! You can see her two bottom teeth and she has two more teeth coming in up top. Slobber everywhere! The Skiles in Taiwan did tell us that Grace was the "slobber queen" and she is living up to that name while going through this teething business.
I have been trying to do more with her hair. We don't get out much so I usually just leave it down. When we do get out of the house I try and put it in pigtails or in bows like the ones in these pictures. I am not a lace and frilly kind of mama but I do love playing with her hair! Now if only I could figure out a way to keep her still while I play...

She loves to mimic us. One of Grace's favorite things is to stick out her tongue at us (it's mainly a mother-daughter thing right now). It is the one trick that we can usually get her to do while strangers are around.

Grace is eating fairly well. She gets in her moods but is starting to branch out and eat regular food. She can't get enough of Panera's broccoli cheddar soup. I just need to figure out foods to incorporate into our meals that she can eat. Last month when we took her to the doctor she was just about 14 lbs. Hopefully when we take her this month she will have gained some more but I keep reminding myself that she will probably be tiny.

Miscellaneous: Grace loves prune baby food and hates pea BF. She is learning to enjoy baths but dislikes getting her hair washed. I finally went shopping last weekend and bought her some jeans (she has no butt; she still can't wear any of her dresses because the bloomers that come with the dresses fall right off of her). She is wearing size 6-9 months in jeans/stiff pants. Grace loves music of all kinds and will stop whatever she is doing to listen. Grace usually sleeps from 7:45 pm to 9:00 am (thank you, Lord) and has been doing that pretty much since we brought her home. She has finally figured out how to walk forward in her walker and now zooms everywhere. Watch out world, here she comes!! Crazy to think that in a month or two this little gal might be walking around the house.

I love this picture that Seth took last week. We were just relaxing at home and Grace and I were having fun playing together. I love to sit her down on my lap/chest and cuddle with her. She loves to stick her fingers in my mouth and sometimes I bite gently on her fingers which makes her giggle. Maybe she'll end up being a dental hygenist because she loves inspecting my teeth. She got to belly-laughing when I started holding her over Zoe (the dog). Grace loves Zoe and gets excited just from hearing Zoe come into the room. Zoe is very tolerant of baby Grace and, if anything, wants to constantly bathe Grace in her wet kisses and licking. I am so thankful that they both enjoy each other's company.




Here is Grace with her daddy. She's got him eating out of her hands, literally. Ha!

Sorry for not keeping this blog updated. As we are finding out, parenting even a good-natured baby can often be tiring. When we do have spare time, Seth and I sometimes find ourselves wiped out and vegging in front of the TV instead of being creative or updating this. Grace is a joy, though, and we are so thankful for her in our lives. It's hard to believe that in 2 weeks she will be a year old. Crazy, huh?! So many reasons to be grateful...


Love to you all,
Seth, Laura and Gracie
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All of these pictures are just wonderful. We are so proud of all of you!

    Love,
    Mom and Dad Wolfshorndl

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad to see the new post & thought that having little Grace in the house was probably the reason for the delay. ;-) She's gorgeous and I'm so glad you're finding yourselves too busy to keep us updated. That just means you're enjoying every minute with her which is just how it should be. God bless you all!!
    ~Tracie

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello. Wow Grace is growing up. It is hard to imagine her walking or even playing in a walker. We had a hard time sending pictures when we had Grace to play with too so it is ok:) Her hair bows are so cute. You guys are doing a good job with Grace. She looks so happy:)
    Lettie

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…


    Your help is crucial for orphans in Ukraine. Visit our site https://hopenowusa.org and learn more! May God bless you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home